75, Queen Street, Suite 5100
Montreal (Quebec) H3C 2N6
Phone : +1 (514) 931-4433
Fax : +1 (514) 931-4818
5 place du Colonel Fabien
Phone : +33 (1) 44 52 84 84
Fax : +33 (1) 44 52 84 85
Travel Industry challenges
The arrival of the Internet has affected the evolution of the tourism market, causing it to undergo profound changes. Tourism professionals have had to adapt to a new environment in which traveler behaviour and expectations have been radically altered. Nowadays, travelers expect to pay the lowest price for an all-inclusive deal (featuring recreational and equipment options, for example). Tourism businesses have had to react quickly to market demand, using high-performance and innovative tools which provide a better view of hotel, flight, and other occupancy rates, and are able to anticipate travelers' decisions.
Tourism Industry, a particular context...
- A fixed or constrained capacity : hard to adapt capacities based on demand.
- Perishable goods : an unsold room or seat is lost!
- Remote/Distant stocks: requiring access to price, conditions and inventory in order to get availability.
- A complex problem : The actual assembly (packaging) of different types of travel services is particularly complex.
- Difficult demand management related to varied and variable buying behaviours, by different client types on multiple distribution channels.
- A significant increase in competition and new distribution methods.
Data input and management too long and costly
Limited or handicapped commercial reactivity
Accovia - The Response to Industry Challenges
In the current environment, the Tourism industry players are facing new, or more visible, challenges.
With the changing flow and rhythm of reservations, operators must have a better visibility on stock levels, simplify decision making and allow to react quickly.
Risk taking, either by increasing product distribution reach, by restricting and controlling access to more economically beneficial products or having client-specific offers, is part of a rational process requiring a sound and solid analytical basis.
Any and all economy of scale and productivity increases are meaningful and being sought. They have to be monitored with efficiently managed metrics to ensure their business benefits.
Accovia's solutions enable your business to address these challenges and optimize your revenue and/or margins by bringing a clear vision and understanding of your activities.
The industrial personalization of travel packaging has been rendered mandatory by the continued increase of travel product operators.